Out Of Office is Yale SOM’s LGBTQ student organization. We:
- Provide a support system for LGBTQ students within the SOM community
- Provide a social network for LGBTQ SOM students to interact with the broader Yale community
- Work as a general information resource on LGBTQ issues for the wider SOM community
- Provide recruiting, networking, and other career development opportunities for LGBTQ students
- Foster an open community of LGBTQ students, faculty, professionals, alumni, and allies
As part of our programming we host and facilitate a number of events throughout the year including:
“Straight But Not Narrow” Skits: Playful skit show that aims to bring to light issues that LGBTQ people face in the workplace and prepare the SOM community for active allyship. Written, directed and starring SOM students.
Community Dinner: Dinner where the SOM community comes together to share personal experiences relating to LGBTQ identity, through “coming out stories,” illustrative anecdotes, or reflections on why being a friend to the LGBTQ community is important.
Fall Retreat: Retreat where club members escape to a nearby destination for a weekend of hiking, barbequing, games, and group bonding.
Winter Mixer: Gathering for LGBTQ affinity groups across the university hosted at Evans Hall.
LGBTQ Recruiting Events: Recruiting, networking, and career developments events and dinners hosted by companies for the LGBTQ community at SOM.