Welcome to Yale! Please explore the information and resources on our website, and come visit our vibrant community at the Office of LGBTQ Resources when we resume normal hours: noon to 10 pm, every day during the academic term.
The Office of LGBTQ Resources
Our office coordinates programming and services across the University, including the LGBTQ Peer Liaisons Program, co-sponsorship of Pride@Yale in March and April and Trans/Gender Awareness Weeks in November, Semesterly Queer Leadership Roundtables, and events across campus! We also maintain an overview of Resources for Trans Students and Resources for LGBTQ Undergraduates. Be sure to browse the rest of this website to find out more, ‘Like’ us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter to receive updates from campus!
LGBTQ Peer Liaisons
Peer liaisons to the Office of LGBTQ Resources, or “PLs”, are upperclass students who help first year students discover the diverse wealth of support and activities available to Yale undergraduates. These student leaders help first year students adjust to campus life with a number of services and individualized support, including personal, social and academic guidance. Find out more here and reach out to any of the current PLs, or request a PL here!
Virtual events for prospective students
Check back soon for information on events organized by current undergraduate students to introduce you to Yale and the vibrant LGBTQ+ communities on campus!
Once you have committed to Yale and have a NetID, you can…
- sign up for a Peer Liaison from the Office of LGBTQ Resources who can answer your questions about LGBTQ+ life at Yale.
- change your gender marker in the Student Information System.
- indicate your pronouns in Name Coach (via the Student Information System).
- choose a preferred name which will be used on class lists, all documents internal to Yale, and, if you submit your preferred name before August, your Yale ID.
- choose whether to have your Yale email address in your preferred or legal name.
- choose a gender neutral suite on the housing form.
If you have questions about any of these or other policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are happy to answer questions from prospective and committed students and their families! Please contact Director Samuel Byrd.