Welcome to Yale! Please come visit our vibrant community at the Office of LGBTQ Resources. We are open every day from noon-10 pm during the academic term, and there is a friendly student at our front desk to give you a tour and answer your questions!
The Office of LGBTQ Resources
Our office coordinates programming and services across the University, including the LGBTQ Peer Liaisons Program, co-sponsorship of Pride@Yale (happening now!) and Trans/Gender Awareness Week, Queer Leadership Workshops, Queer Leadership Roundtables, and events across campus! We also maintain an overview of Resources for Trans Students and Resources for LGBTQ Undergraduates. Be sure to browse the rest of this website to find out more, ‘Like’ us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter to receive updates from campus!
LGBTQ Peer Liaisons
Peer liaisons to the Office of LGBTQ Resources, or “PLs”, are upperclass students who help first year students discover the diverse wealth of support and activities available to Yale undergraduates. These student leaders help first year students adjust to campus life with a number of services and individualized support, including personal, social and academic guidance. Find out more here and reach out to any of the current PLs, or request a PL here!
Once you have committed to Yale and have a NetID, you can
- sign up for a Peer Liaison from the Office of LGBTQ Resources who can answer your questions about LGBTQ life at Yale University
- change your gender marker in the student information system
- indicate your pronouns in Name Coach (also on the student information system)
- choose a preferred name which will be used on class lists and all documents internal to Yale; it will be on your ID if you make your choice before August
- choose whether to have your Yale email address in your preferred or legal name
- on the housing form, you can choose a gender neutral suite
If you have questions about any of these or other policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!